Nine seniors were inducted into the National Technical Honor Society on January 30. Membership is by faculty recomendation only and is based on the students’ achievements in a Career-Technical Focus area. Class of 2020 NTHS Inductees (L to R) Chloe Fox, Emma Tull, Deja Gardner, John Cox, Matt Smith, Maggie Whitaker, Marli Parson, Cole Kirk, (Not Pictured - Phillip EauClair).
- John Cox is the son of Jason and Wendy Cox. Selected by his classmates as “Most Likely to be Mistaken for a Freshman” in Who’s Who, John is a member of the BotCats Robotics team. John plans to attend Jackson State, then transfer to TN Tech to major in mechatronics.
- Phillip EauClair is the son of Felicia EauClair. He received the English III award. Phillip plans to attend Jackson State and pursue a career in Web Development.
- Chloe Fox is the daughter of Christina Byrd. She is a member of HOSA. Chloe plans to attend Jackson State Community College to earn her nursing degree.
- Destiney “Deja” Gardner is the daughter of Dexter and Tonya Gardner. She has earned her HootSuite Certification for social media management. Deja will be in the Kimberly Clark summer program for college students. She then plans to attend Northeast Community College and later transfer to the University of Memphis to get a degree in Business Administration and Marketing.
- Cole Kirk is the son of Jay and Nikki Kirk. Cole received the Excellence Award for Physics. He Hold School Records For: Most Career Passing Touchdowns(43), Most Passing Touchdowns in a game(5), Most Yards total yards in a game(374), Best passing percentage in game(100%). He serves as the Senior Class President, Student Body President, and is the Quarterback for the Football Team. Cole plans to major in education and play football.
- Marli Parson is the daughter of Grant and Tina Parson. She is a member of FCCLA and is the Public Relations Officer. Marli will complete her cosmetology degree to fulfill her dream of becoming a hairdresser.
- Matt Smith is the son of Brandy Smith. He is a member of Future Farmers of America and a 3-year member of the boys soccer team. He is a member of the FFA Ag Sales team and the Ag Upper Skills team. Matt plans to attend Northeast MS Community College, then transfer to MS State to major in Agriculture Education.
- Emma Tull is the daughter of Randy and Alicia Tull. She has received academic awards for Dual Enrollment Precalculus I & II, Chemistry II, Spanish II, Algebra II Honors, Geometry Honors and Economics. She earned 2nd Place FCCLA Interior Design Project at 2019 State Competition, and 1st Place and a Gold Medal at FCCLA Star Events in Job Interview. Her classmates voted her “Most Likely to Succeed.” She has been FCCLA Treasurer, Vice President, & President; National Honors Society Senior Vice President; Mu Alpha Theta Vice President & President; SGA Representative and a member of CIA, and the Youth Leadership Class of 2019. Emma plans to attend the University of TN to major in Accounting.
- Maggie Whitaker is the daughter of Ricky and Missy Whitaker. She is a 4-year Football Cheerleader and was recognized for Character Counts. She earned Top placement at 2019 FBLA Regional Leadership Conference and is a member of the Chamber of Commerce Youth Leadership. Selected for Football Homecoming court for 3 years, she was voted Junior Football Sweetheart. She is a member of the National Honor Society, Student Council, Cats in Action, HOSA, FBLA, (Vice President/ Present President this year), Future Teachers of America, Journalism (Editor), Football Cheer (Captain). She plans to attend The University of Memphis to pursue a career in Nursing and would ultimately love to be an anesthesiologist.